You Mon Tsang April 7th, 2009
What’s happening in the park in early April 2009.
- Park campgrounds are extra full this week and next; about a 5% raise over last year. Looks like folks are staying closer to home this year.
- Some positive fish news: smolt trapping (one year old fish – ready to go to the ocean) found 144 coho in Olema Creek and 8 in Redwood Creek at Muir Woods!
- Birders watching quail at Bear Valley also noted a bobcat at the Horse Ranch snacking on a mouse!
- Wildflowers continue to bloom especially with the extra dollop of rain this week! Poppies and lupine in the fields at Bear Valley. Tidy tips just beginning at Chimney Rock along with Baby Blue eyes! Creamy yellow wallflowers fragrance the steps at the Lighthouse. Many species coming out.
- Shuttle Bus service ends this weekend; Easter Sunday will be the last day of service for this years season